> Stony Road to War - Other Forums
> Stony Road to War - Hearts of Iron I
> General discussion
Reload this Page Sue For Peace

Nachtrab

website monitoring tool
User Name
Password
Home Downloads Forum HoI2 HoI1 Tutorials   Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2008, 08:56 PM

Sue For Peace

What good is the Sue For Peace option? In all the games I have played I have only seen it work once when playing as a human. In that case I was playing as Argentina, quickly annexed Uruguay, and although the US had declared war under that Monroe Doctrine thing when I sued for Peace the U.S. actually accepted.

I have tried this Sue For Peace as many a different country player under a number of different situations, some of which so absurd that any opponent in his right mind would agree to peace, but the AI just never seems to agree, no matter how advantageous it would be to the AI to make peace.

So, is there any way to alter the game to make the AI more readily accept a Peace situation? Also, would acceptance of Peace always mean a restoration of the status quo ante bellum? If so, and there is a way to make the AI accept Peace, is there a way to make it accept Peace on the basis of the current game situation?

As a related possible way to achieve the same goal, any way to fix the game to allow the human player to withdraw from an alliance even though the alliance is at war? Certain minor countries can withdraw and switch sides, so the mechanism to do so must exist in the game, so how can that be adapted to allow the human player to do the same?

As a final desperate solution, is there simply a cheat that would put the on-screen player at peace with all current opponents at the current status of the game?

Thanks in advance for your help and comments.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Ichon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman1234
What good is the Sue For Peace option? In all the games I have played I have only seen it work once when playing as a human. In that case I was playing as Argentina, quickly annexed Uruguay, and although the US had declared war under that Monroe Doctrine thing when I sued for Peace the U.S. actually accepted.

I have tried this Sue For Peace as many a different country player under a number of different situations, some of which so absurd that any opponent in his right mind would agree to peace, but the AI just never seems to agree, no matter how advantageous it would be to the AI to make peace.

So, is there any way to alter the game to make the AI more readily accept a Peace situation? Also, would acceptance of Peace always mean a restoration of the status quo ante bellum? If so, and there is a way to make the AI accept Peace, is there a way to make it accept Peace on the basis of the current game situation?

As a related possible way to achieve the same goal, any way to fix the game to allow the human player to withdraw from an alliance even though the alliance is at war? Certain minor countries can withdraw and switch sides, so the mechanism to do so must exist in the game, so how can that be adapted to allow the human player to do the same?

As a final desperate solution, is there simply a cheat that would put the on-screen player at peace with all current opponents at the current status of the game?

Thanks in advance for your help and comments.
Sure for peace is usually most useful playing the minors. As Spain, Argentina, Sweden, and China its been very useful for me in past games. Also occasionally useful playing Germany and Italy and taking out some minor nations partially early on, but leaving the remnants so later events or borders still exist.

US and England as allies nor Germany or Japan as Axis will accept peace under most circumstances. I've had Germany sue for peace once when everything except Berlin was occupied and Japan when entire homelands was occupied but some military left in China. US actually surprised me once and offered peace when I was invading N America, but when I accepted it DoW almost within a week or so. England never offered me peace under any circumstances. I think there are some settings in files that can change odds of peace offers but I haven't opened up files for awhile and I can't remember exactly what lines they are.

As for a cheat, only one I know of is Nevile when you used the ~ key to bring down that menu. Or it might be Acceptall actually as that will make AI agree to anything you offer. Only time I ever used it in game is in some mods when completely random and sporadic DoWs occur sometimes in the early years.

As for a minor to abandon an alliance, I'm not sure without editing save. It would be useful sometimes playing a minor for sure. Though also somewhat of an exploit.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:33 PM
bestmajor

@bman1234:

had the very same prob. found no real solution for that.

just save game, write a little peace/leave alliance - event and thats it.

but in your save-game, there you'll find something like

hate = xxxx

and bdboy = xxx

maybe if you change this it will solve your peace problem???

post it if you find a solution!

Last edited by bestmajor; 09-13-2008 at 07:55 PM.